Air frying is the latest development in food preparation and has been doing extremely well on the market. It’s not hard to see why the benefits are significant. 80 percent less fat than deep frying is something to write home about. You can create tasty, healthy and fresh meals for your family with less hassle and more fun.
There is so much more you can do with your new air fryer than just frying potato chips, chicken and fish. The possibilities are endless and exciting. If you’ve been looking for fun and delicious recipes to make with your new appliance, try these lovely combinations of flavors.
Jalapeno Spring Roll Poppers
This is an interesting take on both jalapeño poppers and spring rolls. If you have not yet heard of jalapenos popper, it is my pleasure to enlighten you. Poppers are hollowed out jalapeño peppers filled with cheese. These are great for parties and starters.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- Jalapeno peppers
- Cheddar cheese (you can use a combination of your favorite cheeses)
- Spring roll pastry
- Substitute chicken eggs
- Cut the stems off the jalapeños and cut them in half. Hollow out the insides, rinse them and dry them off.
- Cut spring roll sheet in half and lightly coat in the Egg mixture
- With the egg side of the pastry up, place a pepper half in the corner.
- Fill the pepper with grated cheese and cover with the other pepper half.
- Roll up the pastry diagonally.
- Spray the tightly wrapped roll with cooking spray
- Place rolls in fryer basket
- Cook for 10 minutes until brown
Air Fried Zucchini
Zucchini is a versatile summer squash and is a high source of antioxidants and vitamins. It has low calories and great for digestion. These zucchini wedges are great finger foods or as a side dish. This can be served with a yogurt dip or fresh summer salad.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
- Parmesan cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- X2 egg whites
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, and herbs
- Cut zucchini into wedges
- Dip wedges into egg whites, then into breadcrumbs
- Spray rotating pan of the air fryer with cooking spray
- Place coated zucchini into pan
- Spray the wedges with cooking spray
- Cook for 7 minutes, turn over, then cook for 7 more minutes
8-minute hot dogs
Simple tried and tested, hotdogs are a delicious snack or meal. Make healthy hotdogs in 8 minutes with your air fryer.
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 7
- Hot dog buns (with sesame seeds)
- Grated cheese
- Preheat fryer to 390 degrees
- Put Vienna in the fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove Viennas from fryer and place in the bun.
- Add cheese and onions on top
- Put hot dog into fryer, and cook for 2 more minutes
These recipes are quick and simple to prepare and require little cleanup. This is perfect for healthy snacks for children as well as simple meals after a long day at work.
If you don’t have an air fryer just yet, check out this list of the best air fryers available on the market today: https://www.reviewsbyhumans.com/best-air-fryer-reviews